|This page is currently under construction and will be available soon!
A number of surgical approaches are available to eliminate instabilities and compression of the spinal cord and nerve compressions in rheumatic disease of the cervical spine.
In our department, we frequently use the following surgical procedures to surgically treat rheumatic diseases of the spine:
1. C1/C2 manifestations: dorsal C1/C2 fusion using the Harms technique
2. Transoral dens resection with dorsal fusion
3. Ventral corpectomy with ventral and dorsal instrumentation
4. Dorsal decompression with dorsal instrumentation and fusion
5. Extensive fusion in cases of multisegmental involvement